Screenwriter of Link’d Wins Best Actress Week 8

Published on: Author: admin Leave a comment

Sophomore Arianna Trames, the screenwriter for Link’d, won best actress for her performance in the latest episode of Link’d. Trames is from Portland, Oregon and majoring in Cinema Studies. She first became involved with Duck TV fall term. “I always knew I wanted to write for Duck TV,” Trames explained, “I just got my toes wet working as a PA for IN$TINCT.”

When she first wrote the script for Link’d, Trames had not planned on acting. “When our main actor who would play Vina’s boyfriend couldn’t commit I thought it was a perfect time to readjust the gender roles in the story that were changed when we made Than a boy,” Trames noted. Originally, Link’d was going to have a female dominant cast and crew. “Although we love Rob Klein and Conor Stott and our male editor and director, I adore the energy it [having a female dominant cast and crew] brings,” Trames expressed.

There are some drawbacks and advantages that come with the responsibility of being the writer, producer, and an actress for the show. Trames stated, “Being in front of the camera, I notice that I lose the attention span to lead my crew and act.” Luckily, her production team is always willing to help out and she always has someone to watch her back. As an actress, Trames has achieved a new insight into her show; “It has been easier to write dialogue because I understand the atmosphere and interactions that occur between the actors,” she explained.

Being a part of Link’d has been a positive experience for Trames. She expressed, “My favorite part of producing this show is seeing it come to fruition. As the writer, the story has been in my head for more than a year now and it is exciting, if not relieving, to see it physically turn into the show it is.” She is now open to the idea of acting in her future, but her main focus is on screenwriting and directing. “I do have much higher aspirations as a screenwriter and director than an actress. For me, if I can get passionate enough about a story I am working on than I will throw myself at it in all ways,” Trames explained.

By Erin Coates