Women in Duck TV: Best Actresses of Week 6

Published on: Author: admin Leave a comment

Fotor0216225132

Women dominated in this week’s screenings. Both Franken Affairs and Link’d featured dramatic performances from prominent female characters. Though their roles are significantly different, both ladies left a lasting impression on-screen and off during their interviews.

I first spoke with Kristina Pflug, who plays Vina in Link’d. A senior advertising major from Greenwich, CT, Pflug exudes a natural vivacity that shines even through the somber circumstances of her character on the show. She laughs several times as she discusses her first experience with acting.

Q: What are some challenges that come with the character you portray?

A: One of the things that [are] hard is that she’s so mellow, happy, but mellow. And I’m not at all. The snow this past week was really bad, and there was that one scene where I had to run in the snow, and I kept slipping. I feel Vina is a kind of juxtaposition to Than, a flip of the coin. This week’s episode definitely shows the more somber side of the show. I think it’s supposed to be more of a dramedy than super serious all the time.

Q: What has your experience with a Duck TV production been like so far?

A: It’s really hard for me to get overwhelmed. This is the weirdest group of people I’ve ever been around, and the most welcoming group of people. The directors are always stressed, but they’re great at putting out an excellent product. They really try to make sure we have a great time. This show is their baby, and when they entrust that vision to you, it’s a big responsibility. Give them all the credit because they’re amazing!

Jessie Foster of Bend, OR also gave a thrilling performance in the second episode of Franken Affairs. Her talents are not relegated to the dramatic stage, however. She also serves as a news anchor for Duck TV. The sophomore journalism and political science major told me what it’s really like to play the fairest in the land.

Q: How do you relate to your character, if at all?

A: Deliah is really sweet and kind of innocent. I find her easy to relate to because she’s not super intense, and I definitely can be, so it’s a nice release, to be able to relax. I like to think of myself being like her, sort of sweet and very approachable. She’s not very loud, either, and she’s pretty humble.

Q: Why did you first get involved in Duck TV?

A: I joined last fall. I was on the news staff. This past summer I was involved in pageants, and I was rodeo queen. I had to do a lot of speaking and I found I really enjoyed it. When I came back this year, I wanted to see if broadcast journalism is what I wanted to do, so I joined the news staff. I actually just ended up checking the box that said I’d be willing to act, and it worked out. It’s such a fun group of people.

By Kaylee Tornay